When it comes to your Conroe roof replacement, it can be hard to know what you might need to spend to get a high quality roof. Of course, the expenses will vary from location to location and contractor to contractor, but you can use the following tips to get an idea of what sort of roof replacement budget you should have.
Think About Your Roof
Before you can even begin to figure out how much money you will likely spend on your new roof, you have to gather some information about your roof:
- The Squares: Roofing is measured in squares.
- The Pitch: Sometimes called the slope. This is often discussed in terms of rise and run.
- The Run: The distance from the outside edge of your perimeter wall to the center of the house.
- The Rise: The distance from the top of the wall stud to the peak of the roof.
- The Area: The area of a roof can be tricky to calculate. You have to multiply the length by the width and then factor in the pitch.
The size of your roof will determine the amount of materials you need, which will affect the cost of your roofing project.
Think About the Materials
Once you know how much roofing materials you will need, you have to start thinking about the average costs of different roofing materials. For example, slate tiles usually cost less per square than clay tiles. You can’t simply think about the cost per square, though. You also have to consider the lifespan of the roofing material. If you use the lowest price material, you may have to replace it sooner because it doesn’t last as long, which could cost more in the long run.
The roofing materials themselves aren’t all you need. You’ll also have to consider the cost of gutters, drains, flashing and extra vents. Working with a roofer in Conroe, TX, can make this entire process a little bit easier. Many roofers will even give you a free estimate to help you figure out your budget.