Getting a new roof for your home is both daunting and exciting. On one hand, you just know the project will take a lot of time and effort, but on the other, you get to benefit from a newer, better roof that can increase your home’s curb appeal and weather protection after it’s done. But one thing’s for sure–you’ll want to be prepared as much as possible for your roof replacement.
The premier storm damage repair and roof installation company, Redemption Roofing, shares a checklist of essentials you’ll need to do before getting a new roof for your home.
- Confirm whether you actually need a roof replacement. This means checking your roof for signs of extensive damage. These may include buckling, cracked, and curling shingles, excess shingle granules inside the gutters, water stains and streaks along interior walls and ceilings, and mold growth and rot in the attic. But if you absolutely want to confirm, you can have a trusted local roofer perform a comprehensive assessment of its overall condition.
- Pick the roofing material that works best for your home. The safest way to ensure your new roof looks good with your home is to choose the same kind of system as the old one. You already know what type of material and color will work, after all. But if you want to switch things up, you’re also free to pick something else. Just note that heavier materials such as tile and slate will require additional support structure to safely hold them up. On the matter of roof color, you should choose something that can beautifully complement your home’s architectural style and exterior palette.
- Check-in with your local HOA (if your community has one). Because a roof replacement is a major undertaking, and one that involves making alterations to your home’s exterior, you’ll have to get pre-approval from your homeowner’s association (HOA). This way, you’re sure that the technical and aesthetic aspects of your roof replacement won’t break any covenants or regulations.
- Inform your neighbors about the project beforehand. Once you’ve gotten approval from your HOA, make sure you tell your neighbors about the upcoming project. This is especially important if the homes in your community are placed a bit close together. Roof replacement can be a noisy and messy affair. By informing them about it, you’ll be doing them a courtesy and giving them time to make their own arrangements.
- Hire a roofing contractor who’s the best match for your needs. Much of the success of your roofing upgrade will depend on your choice of contractor. For this reason, it pays to work with someone that you’re confident with. A dependable roofer will make sure to deliver more-than-satisfactory results, ensuring that neither installation errors nor callbacks can ever occur. Finding the right one seems a bit daunting, sure, but it won’t be once you know what to do. For instance, you should:
- Go local. Make sure to search for your roofer locally. Hiring a contractor from out of state is not simple nor convenient, and you’ll soon find they are more trouble than they’re worth. A local roofer, however, makes travel times negligible because they literally operate near you. Not only that–they’ll be more familiar with the building requirements and regulations specific to your area, ensuring your project will be completed to code. Additionally, you’ll more likely get personalized service from a roofer in your community compared to someone out of state.
- Look for a top-rated roofer online. Everything is online nowadays, making it easier for you to check the qualifications of a prospective roof replacement company. A quick Google search will often show you the most well-reviewed companies in your area, and by visiting their website (plus their profile in a prominent industry organization) you’ll get a good picture of who you may be dealing with.
- Do it the old-fashioned way. This means asking family and friends for local referrals. Anything can look good online, but word-of-mouth from someone who has actually worked with a given roofer can provide you with a clearer, more accurate description of what your experience will be like. If you don’t feel like browsing through dozens of roofing company websites, getting a referral can be a good alternative.
Why You Should Work with Redemption Roofing
Taking the DIY route is definitely out of the question when it comes to roof replacement–and it’s not just because of the size and complexity of the project. The fact is that it’s all too easy for an untrained homeowner to make mistakes that may cause additional expenses and unnecessary delays. If you want to keep your project on track, the best way to do it is to hire a reliable roof replacement company, like Redemption Roofing. We remain one of the top roof repair and replacement companies in the Greater Houston area because:
- We are credentialed. Redemption Roofing is fully licensed, bonded, and insured, with the necessary liability coverage and workers’ compensation for your greater protection. You know you are in safe hands when you choose us to handle your roof upgrade.
- We have the experience. For over 35 years, Redemption Roofing has provided homeowners in Southeast Texas with the highest quality solutions to their roofing needs. We place a premium on exceptional workmanship and will make sure your expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
- We are proven reliable. Whether the job is roof repair or replacement, Redemption Roofing will make sure the work is done in a timely and efficient fashion. If you’re ever curious about the quality of our work, we’ll be more than happy to give you an updated list of references. You are also free to check out the reviews we’ve received in Google My Business and Facebook from satisfied clients, or our page in the Better Business Bureau®, where we maintain an A%20 Rating.
- We earn many recognitions. At Redemption Roofing, we aim for your complete satisfaction by giving you access to some of the most advanced options from North America’s largest manufacturers. In fact, we have even earned their certifications. We are ranked in the top 10% of CertainTeed® roofers as a CertainTeed® SELECT ShingleMaster™, and among the top 3% of GAF® roofers as a GAF® Certified Master Elite® company. Aside from the excellent roofing systems we offer, you’ll also benefit from solid warranty coverage.
Redemption Roofing is not just your go-to company for professional storm damage repair–we can also work on your roof replacement project. Using our top-tier products from the leading brands, and with our trained and certified team, we’ll take the stress out of your roofing upgrade. Call us today at (936) 226-0658 (Montgomery, TX), (281) 241-3026 (League City, TX), or (830) 522-4145 (Hill Country, TX). You can also fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation. We serve the Greater Houston area.